Thursday, February 7, 2008

Reward offered in probe of fatal crash

November 3, 2006

Residents approve $15.3M capital project

Residents of the Horseheads Central School District on Thursday approved a $15.3 million capital improvement project to upgrade school buildings by a vote of 1,123 to 366.

Work will be done at all of the district's schools, with the majority at Horseheads High School, but also at the middle/intermediate school complex, Big Flats, Ridge Road, Center Street and Gardner Road elementary schools, and the transportation department building.

Approximately 80 percent of funding for the project will come from state general building aid, while the remaining 20 percent will come from existing capital reserve fund and new EXCEL aid from the state. There will be no additional cost to local taxpayers.

The work will begin in the summer 2007 and end in 2009 or 2010.

Tioga County, Pa.
Reward offered in probe of fatal crash

State police in Mansfield have offered a reward of up to $2,000 for information leading to the arrest in the fatal hit-and-run accident late in the morning on Oct. 27.

Rhonda Fromm, 34, of Lawrenceville, was a passenger in a 1997 Dodge Intrepid her husband was driving north on state Route 287 in Tioga Township when an equipment trailer became disconnected from a vehicle and slammed into the Fromm car, killing Rhonda Fromm.

The driver hauling the trailer did not stop. The trailer appears to be homemade and was not properly registered and did not have a vehicle identification number attached to it, police said.

Investigators are urging anyone with information to contact Pennsylvania Crime Stoppers at 800/472-8477. All calls remain confidential, police said.

Chemung County
County flu shot clinics start today

Today is the first of three flu shot clinics in November by the Chemung County Health Department.

Clinics will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. today, from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday and from 9 to 11 a.m. Nov. 14.

The clinics will he held at the Chemung County Health Department at 103 Washington St. in Elmira.

The flu and pneumonia shots are covered by Medicare Part B. A Medicare card must be brought to the clinic. For those not on Medicare Part B, there is a fee of $30 for the flu shot and $45 for the pneumonia shot.

No comments: